The Simple Business Tools that I use!
- Genesis Themes
- (I’ve tried several themes over the years of running websites (way too many years to count, like since I was in highschool!) I’ve also had pro’s design my websites. But for the last year or so I’ve used Genesis and it’s child themes and will not be looking into anything else, ever! I’m even using a Genesis theme for our wedding website because I love it SO much, it was well worth the extra effort rather than using a basic wedding website thingy. Basically they have the best responsive themes, a huge selection of themes to choose from that will fit any brand you’re building, AND they have fantastic SEO settings that help you become the Queen of Google searches! 😉 So with Genesis + a Child theme + Firebug plugin for Firefox or Chrome you’re looking at a semi-homemade but awesome website for about $100! Score! And I fully believe the advice of my long time mentor Jess Lively that your website is not a static design or static pages, it’s a living, breathing document to help you build a business and brand for the long haul! So that’s why I don’t pay thousands for a custom design that I’ll want to change in a year anyway.)
- (The best email marketing app yet! There is also a free version! It works great to collect emails from your readers which is really important! There are also a lot of WordPress plugins that work well with Mailchimp making your email marketing a snap!)
- gmail + filters – ‘nough said!
- Planning my weeks based on the ‘roles‘ I have in my life (read more about it here.)
- Using the Pomodoro Method to be majorly productive! Halleljuah!
- hootsuite + buffer app (Social media is a super important part of business and just our lives in general. But it can also consume your time! So I use a combo of these tools to help me manage it in less than 1 pomodoro per day!)