I realize we’re at the end of the first week in February, but hey, #progressnotperfection right! 😉
This week I’ve been feeling some stress about something bubbling under the surface…and just today I realized today that a big reason for my confusion (and almost all times when I’m lacking clarity on something, and have an abundance of anxiety instead) is that I’ve missed a step along the way. And usually it’s just a small step of obedience God has asked me to do, but I decide not to, or I forget, try to cut corners, or try to find an “alternative” that’s bigger & better, I mean – why not skip to the good stuff right?! Ha…wrong! So I’m taking a deep breath, and taking a small step of faith, that can and probably will lead to a leap of faith later on. And most likely, right into the things I’ve been freaking out about all week, with actual answers & blessings too!
Think about it love: Are there any areas of confusion, or anxiety you’re experiencing? The solution may be pretty simple, just think back to a step you missed, and be obedient in that and watch what God can do with it! 🙂
1. January Goals/Habits
- finish current book list- nope! :/ Still have a few biz books I started over Christmas break to finish.
start family goals book– we didn’t get as much down in this as I’d hoped, but it’s been pretty fun even still! Barre3 challenge #1– I did finish! My last week was less about getting the 4+ hours of Barre3 in, but actually finding a way that I could do this sustainably moving forward, I’ve found that mixing in shorter barre workouts with heavy weight HIIT (usually 10 mins of Barre3, 10 mins HIIT and then another 10 mins of Barre3 if I have time) and then going to the gym with E about twice a week to do more slow & steady cardio (bleck…but it’s worthwhile for my goals right now, and my stress levels! I have so little time for TV lately that the treadmill works well to catch up! lol)
- Apply to a very cool new opportunity & prayerfully make that decision together – this didn’t quiet get finished, i’m actually finishing up the paperwork today after I hit “send” on this post! But I DID also get the go ahead on another awesome & random opportunity just this morning, so Spring will be busy in our house, but SUPER fun! 😉 More on this stuff later!
Fill up the last few spots of Calling Camp for this month & rock 5 weeks with those wonderful ladies & their bizs!– Love this! It’s shaping up to be so awesome, and I’m so excited to see where Calling & Confidence goes! And where the alum grow & thrive! Sketch out new products/services – finalize by end of month –sorta done, they are sketched in notes all over my dinning room table and desk, planner and phone…but I spent far too much time researching the nuts and bolts instead of just rolling with what I had tech wise and adjusting it as I create more & more…#lessonlearned – NEW tech rule to save my sanity- “just enough right now to ship, and then tweak & upgrade as we go!” Sketch out update marketing plans that push me outside of my comfort zone but still allow me to THRIVE!– again, very sketched out, pretty excited, just need to ROLL with it in Feb (and probably into March too!)
- Update a whole bunch of website stuff! – Not done – Again, spent more time researching than actually doing…but at least I got it mostly set up, just waiting to tweak a few things and then hit publish!
- PUSH goal (a la Chalene, with my own spin): CHECK – sort of…
- Set a new-normal work schedule, when working from home office, modify well when not/gone, implement accountability checks in my mastermind group, update planning system (maybe move away from bullet journal?!) ….ah, this push goal, which I really need to rename because I”m just getting people super confused about what Chalene actually teaches about push goals since I do not really follow it anymore! :/ Any ideas guys? Anyway, I made this my priority & focus a lot, and then this week happened, and all my work in Jan totally feel off the wagon! SO YES, I did actually accomplish this in the month of January but it didn’t really do as well this week as it should have, so I may have to go back to the drawing board on this one!
2. February Goals & Habits
- Finalize website changes
- Finish at least the Hope International Biz book
- Launch new resources/products/fun stuff (sorry to be annoyingly vague about this! ha!)
- Finalize the two new “collab” opportunities I’ve been working on, schedules, finances, etc by the end of the month!
- Attempt an income/money tracking spreadsheet…normally this type of thing is way too detail oriented and drives me nuts, but I’d like to try it for a few weeks and see if I can find a way that it’s helpful, not annoying!
- PUSH goal- sorta…
- Find a way to remind myself every morning of A. my word for the year THRIVE and B. Back to basics…plan through the day with the Simple Biz Q’s and remember to KISS (keep it simple sweetie! ;))
Honestly, I look at this list and I almost want to cry, it’s really simplified! More so than I think my goals list ever has been!
This month includes a weeklong school break for E, so I’ll be practicing my “workcation” skills again…the idea of a lot of school breaks + being an entrepreneur totally escaped me when E first talked about getting his masters in teaching! Oh boy… it’s now catching up with us and forces me to be extra creative with my businesses! ha! But I actually kinda love it when something happens and it forces me to be extra creative…anyone else?! (After the initial complaining of course! 😉 ha!)
What are you goals for the month love? As always, if you’d like any help with this kind of stuff, feel free to email me! No strings attached! #pinkypromise 😉