Once upon a time…I had a really LONGGG, boring, complicated
“About” page. And a really complicated business that left little
time for LIFE!
I don’t fall for that “advice” from the experts anymore.
Now – I keep things as simplified as possible. I break the rules, and I’m much more successful because of it! And you can be too!
So instead of a long & boring about page that’s really secretly sales copy… I’m giving you a quick list of things you may actually want to know about me, and calling it good (for now at least!)
- I’m in my mid-twenties, yet I’ve been in business for 11 years! (Seriously!)
- As a teenager I had a jewelry & accessories business that I took online roughly two years after starting it at local craft fairs, trunk shows and custom orders. I shut it down after my first year in college though. Dorm rooms don’t leave much room for crazy supplies so it became hard to manage it all with school + only being able to create once I was home at my parents house.
- After the jewelry/accessories biz I got into freelance writing/copywriting (and yes, I realize my grammar is terrible most of the time. But it’s my biz so I don’t stress it anymore. That’s a “should”!) I then found myself being hired by my writing clients to design blogs & websites. Which lead me down a random rabbit hole of building websites for ads/SEO and affiliate marketing and then “flipping” them, kinda like houses on HGTV. So fun! I also made a pretty penny “flipping” prom dresses and other high quality clothes from thriftstores on Ebay & the like. Again, nerdy fun. I just LOVE business this much y’all! (It’s kinda sad really…I’m like a crazy business lady instead of a cat lady!)
- During the entire time I had these businesses I also worked part-time as a preschool teacher/tutor/nanny/sometimes all of the above at once.
- I graduated with a BA in Developemental Psychology with a minor in Innovation. Yet I also became a certified Life Coach during college (at the ripe ol’ age of 20!) Why? Well, it’s interesting to me, I dabbled in freelance coaching already, and I just plan wanted to!
- Then I married this really cute guy. *Pic below* (Hence the name change in business stuff if you’ve been following me for a while.)
- We live in the gorgeous state of Maine with our furbabies. (No actual babies yet, but I’ll keep you posted on that sometime in the next couple decades! ;))
- I know focus my work on helping women create simple businesses that allow them to have the lifestyle they truly love. That may mean homeschooling your kids while working 15 hours a week. That may mean traveling the world and living the laptop lifestyle. Or both. Or something else entirely. It’s your life, focus on what matters most to you, and make sure your business supports that! (Not works against it.)
- I sometimes post things about my faith here or on my social media pages. I love me some Jesus, however, HOWEVER… that does not mean you have to believe the same things I believe in order to hang out here. No way. I share my heart, and I want you to share yours too. No matter what any of us believes spiritually. Just be loving, kind & respectful. That’s all I ask!
- I have to have a #10 because I hate odd numbers with a passion! (And squares.) You may also have figured out by now that I have ADD…however I consider it a superpower instead of a curse! If you don’t love it, there are lots of other websites out there for you love!
PPS. Want a super serious sounding Bio for a project/interview/guest post/etc. Grab this:
Ashlee Geheb wants to live in a world where business isn’t so complicated, so everyone feels like they can be an entrepreneur!
As a serial entrepreneur, she’s been featured in the Female Entrepreneur Association magazine, BrazenLife blog, Levo League blog & many others.
When she’s not helping women create amazing & simplified businesses, you can find her hanging out with her gorgeous husband in their gorgeous home state of Vacationland (aka Maine.) And sometimes traveling to equally awesome places like the south (sweet tea anyone?) or Europe!
(Also insert website info depending on project.)