Remember, there are only a few days left to join the Calling Camp Mastermind for this round!
Little disclaimer – after the last post I had a few people email me or send me a FB message asking questions about my Biz category score. It was super low, but don’t worry! It’s not because I’m going anywhere really – although after watching this video for the 100th time the other day, I realized I DO need to open my hands with all my businesses more to give them to God if ever asked. But right now, He’s definitely asking me to go BIG with things, not give them up or anything.
The reason for the low score was A. My businesses are SUPER important to me, and as Chalene Johnson said in her recent podcast, you tend to rate your most important things very hard! Too true! But also B. As I mentioned, I had a wonky relationship with work + hustle over the last few years. So many thing have hit the fan for us, which of course God has used well, but still, it messed with things and it just got out of whack and alignment.
If you’ve read my stuff for a while, you know I LOVE analogies, and if you’ve been following for a really long time (hey – biz friend! Or “lifer” as Chalene says! ;)) you know I like to use workout (or farming) analogies the most! So…in a way, I feel like my work plateaued last year, like it can with workouts and weight loss! SO – hopefully that’ll make it all make more sense as I share my “goal ideas” and January Goals today! <3
1. Goal Ideas (For the Year-ish)
Ps. This isn’t everything, it’s just a sample to show the whole “goal ideas” leading into the “thrive” vision thing. (I swear it’s not as complicated as it sounds! ha!)
- ALL debt paid off (super stretch goal since we’re still babies and have barely made a dent in the student loans yet, but God could make that happen in really cool way, so we’re praying on it still!)
- Hit at least 80k with each business (very stretch in some, but not so much here at AG.com, but it’s just kinda fun to think about HOW that could possibly even happen. It may not be worth it in one of my businesses to even try, but it’s a goal thats making me majorly think outside the box and have less money anxiety so that’s the important thing, not actually hitting an arbitrary number!)
- Sow over 10k into Kingdom entrepreneurs around the world through non-profits, B-corps, giving back through my businesses, etc. In addition to our other giving.
- Bible in one year plan with Tory Vore’s group
- Work on work/business as worship (and probably get the word hustle out of my vocab, more on that later)
- Mindset & heartset work through various books, devotionals & coaching/counseling type programs (if you’d like more info on this whole thing, I can send info as I go, just email me! It’s not woo-woo crap, trust me! Been there, not going back! ickkk!)
- Consistent date nights each week, switch off planning them (Because when you’re still double income no kids, you kinda pretend every night on the couch is a date night, but it’s NOT, and we’re kinda lazy in this category!)
- Set aside a specific part of our budget for quarterly night/weekends away (this can also merge into travel or vacation plans at times, but MUST happen with at least one adventure, even if it’s just an hour away from the house and camping for the night! lol)
- Grow Small groups + other cool programs launching with AG.com this year (crazy excited!!)
- Finalize + finally LAUNCH the smaller projects that have been in the works, ie workbooks, new freebies, etc.
- Work biz #2 purposefully, keeping the end in mind (this biz may not even survive the year, only because others will probably surpass it in priority, but there’s a specific purpose for it right now, and super fun goals, so it’s rocking in early 2016, just maybe not pass summer?!)
- Hire a VA or personal assistant – that actually works long term, keep searching until it’s a great fit!
- Speaking & teaching more in person, both locally, and beyond!
- At least 2 conferences this year!
- More volunteering or partnering with great organizations to help them grow in some way(s)
- Barre3 Challenges – at least 2
- New normal on working out – (right now this looks like: schedule Barre3 at least 6 times a week for 20+ mins, never go below 4 times!)
- Re-establish and strengthen the “new normal” on eating – lots of smoothies + salads with clean protein + at least 2 meatless dinners each week! Re-work intermittent fasting & supplements when I can.
- Focus on making decisions and spending time in ways that will allow me to thrive now AND in the future – work on thriving even outside of my comfort zone too!
2. January Goals/Habits
- finish current book list
- start family goals book
- Barre3 challenge #1
- Apply to a very cool new opportunity & prayerfully make that decision together (E & I – more on this later if it works out)
- Fill up the last few spots of Calling Camp for this month & rock 5 weeks with those wonderful ladies & their bizs!
- Sketch out new products/services – finalize by end of month
- Sketch out update marketing plans that push me outside of my comfort zone but still allow me to THRIVE! (Much more on this later! Super fun/scary/exciting/nerdy!)
- Update a whole bunch of website stuff!
- PUSH goal (a la Chalene, with my own spin):
- Set a new-normal work schedule, when working from home office, modify well when not/gone, implement accountability checks in my mastermind group, update planning system (maybe move away from bullet journal?!)
The point of a PUSH goal, if you’re not familiar, is a goal that helps you knock down all the others easier/better. I’ve been using this idea off and on since she first published it like 3+ yrs ago I think?! But I’ve always experimented further with it than she talks about in her book. (Because I’m a NERD! ha!) And now for me it’s more of a further way to drill down on what habits it would take to make those easier, I guess is the best way to describe it?!
Basically I have a LOT to get done this month, that little list doesn’t even do it justice! Plus E’s schedule MAJORLY changes this month with his last month of grad school evaaaa! So….to be honest, my January goals may become my Feb goals too. And that’s fine! But I’m pushing myself to do what I can, as much as I can!
Side note: I’ve mentioned “new normal” a few times here, and in past posts, it’s the principle of setting goals that may still feel like a stretch, but don’t bring in a feeling of “wow – that’d be cool IF it’s ever going to happen!” Because then I know I’ll get into negativity, giving up, striving/hustling, and a whole bunch of cycles that lead to frustration, burnout and no good fruit (Matt 7). And y’all I love me some fruit! Literally, and figuratively! 😉
So if a goal can’t feel like it can fit into your life as your new normal of being/doing – then it’s probably not a good goal. At least I’ve found this for me to be true. What I want more than meeting a goal of $x or x lbs or whatever, is the habit behind it, but even more so is the freedom I get or who I become with that process. Hopefully that makes sense!
with love & blessings,
Ps. What are you goals for 2016 love? Hit “reply” to this if you get blog posts via email, or click here. Seriously love, I’d love to chat with you about them! No strings attached! Happy monday love! 🙂